Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
- Fort Wayne Group Targets Global Poverty Through Handmade Art
Fri March 28, 2014
Counselors Race to Enroll Minority Residents Before ACA Deadline
President Barack Obama announced Thursday more than six million people had signed up for health insurance through federal Affordable Care Act exchanges.
The deadline to enroll for individual insurance through the exchanges is Monday, March 31st. Most Americans must have insurance by then or face fines.
Nationwide, there has been a major push to enroll specific groups, like young people and minority applicants.
WBOI’s Katy Anderson takes a look at some of the roadblocks slowing minority enrollment in health insurance, and meets a few of the people trying to get them signed up.