Most Active Stories
- Artlink's CSA Flips the Economic Model for Artists, Buyers
- "Shakespeare at Pendleton" Brings the Bard to Life Behind Bars
- Extended Interview: Jennifer Ford on the Study of Arts Economies
- Fort Wayne Voters Choose Henry, Harper for Mayor's Race
- At the Statehouse, Another Memorable Session...Or Was It?
Tue October 16, 2012
Disabled Kids Living Isolated Lives In Institutions
Originally published on Tue October 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Thousands of children with physical and mental disabilities live in institutions, isolated from their families and decades younger than other patients. The institutions are often better equipped to handle their medical needs, but can fall short when it comes to other aspects of the kids' lives.