Most Active Stories
- For Zookeepers, Orangutan Birth is About Awareness, Conservation
- WBOI Presents "Issues & Ales: Impact of the Arts"
- With "Street Reach," Fort Wayne Residents Lend a Hand to Those In Need
- USF's School of Creative Arts Readies for Musical Battle
- Soda-Makers Try To Take Fizz Out Of Bay Area Tax Campaigns
Around the Nation
Tue July 17, 2012
Don't Try This At Home: Gun As A TV Remote
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 12:17 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Salem, Oregon police say a man turned off his TV using a different kind of remote - he was playing with a gun. He aimed the laser scope at the TV and pulled the trigger and discovered the gun was loaded. Nobody was hurt but neighbors called police about the bullet that came through their wall.
All of this brings to mind a firing range owner in Virginia who showed me a gun years ago. I asked where the safety was. He pointed to his head and said right here. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.