Most Active Stories
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Farmland Jazz Band Celebrates the Holidays with "The Dude"
- Holiday Music on 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI!
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
Health & Science
Tue June 4, 2013
Episode 33 - Beets
BEETS IN ORANGE SAUCE
4 large beets, trimmed
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon minced orange peel (orange part only)
2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 400. Wrap 2 beets together in foil. Repeat with remaining beets. Place on baking shee and cook until tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool. Peel beets. Cut each into 8 wedges. Combine beets and the remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is syrupy, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 4. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Rewarm over low heat, stirring often.) Serve hot.