The City of Fort Wayne has begun investing revenue from its recent income tax increase to a sidewalk improvement project.
The 0.13 percent increase, which took effect in October, has helped begin repairing Bluffton Road, from south of Reservation Drive to Dunkelberg Road.
The tax increase was passed in July as a way to help fund future riverfront development work, with the city pledging more funding to neighborhood sidewalk and alley repairs.
The following projects are slated to begin in 2018:
- Hessen Cassel Road from Oxford Street to Paulding Road
- Decatur Road from Gable Road to Hanna Street
- Winchester Road from Ardis Lane to Lower Huntington Road
- Stellhorn Road from Sirlin Drive to Maplecrest Road
- Reed Road from Stellhorn to St. Joe Center roads
- North Clinton Street from Colony Drive to Auburn Road
- St. Joe Center Road from Maplecrest Road to Arlington Elementary School
- St. Joe Center Road from Medical Protective Drive to Maplecrest Road