The Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority voted Tuesday to support seven projects using Regional Cities Initiative funding as part of the Road to One Million plan.
The RDA is responsible for the disbursement of $42 million in state funds given to Northeast Indiana as part of the Regional Cities Initiative.
The first phase of Fort Wayne’s Riverfront Development project earned the most support with an approval of $5.2 million, just under 20 percent of the project’s $26.4 million price tag. Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation director Al Moll says that’s 98 percent of their request from the RDA, and the project can continue as scheduled with those funds.
The RDA also approved:
- $976,635 for Eagles Theatre Project in Wabash County
- $941,031 for Wabash Trails in Wabash County
- $844,078 for Russel and Evelyn Fahl Aquatics Facility in Whitley County
- $248,920 for Strawberry Valley Cultural Trail in Noble County
- $171,500 for Fishing Line Trail in Noble County
- $392,000 for Kendallville Outdoor Recreation Center in Noble County