Most Active Stories
- Artlink's CSA Flips the Economic Model for Artists, Buyers
- "Shakespeare at Pendleton" Brings the Bard to Life Behind Bars
- Extended Interview: Jennifer Ford on the Study of Arts Economies
- Fort Wayne Voters Choose Henry, Harper for Mayor's Race
- At the Statehouse, Another Memorable Session...Or Was It?
Around the Nation
Thu December 26, 2013
Illinois Man Tries To Profit Off Fake 'Star Trek' Device
Originally published on Thu December 26, 2013 7:49 am
An Illinois man was accused of soliciting $25 million from investors for a fictitious device. Named after Dr. McCoy in the science-fiction series, it supposedly delivered medical data like the tricorder on the TV show. Prosecutors said his actions were valid only in another dimension.