Most Active Stories
- For Zookeepers, Orangutan Birth is About Awareness, Conservation
- It's a Girl! Rare Sumatran Orangutan Born at Fort Wayne Kid's Zoo
- With "Street Reach," Fort Wayne Residents Lend a Hand to Those In Need
- In a New Exhibition, Creative Couple Combine Artistic Passions
- Soda-Makers Try To Take Fizz Out Of Bay Area Tax Campaigns
Wed June 19, 2013
Just Washed Your Car? Try Speeding To Dry It
Originally published on Wed June 19, 2013 9:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A Canadian man was a bit wilder than his country's reputation. Police say he was driving 112 miles per hour on a highway south of Black Diamond, Alberta. When they got a look at the man, they found he was 67 - possibly old enough to know better. But by the time the suspect got to court, he had his story straight.
The man explained that he had just washed his car; he was simply speeding in order to dry it off. Of course. He was fined anyway. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.