Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Musical Variety is the Spice of Life this Month for Fernando Tarango
- What to Expect from the Indiana General Assembly in 2015
- Holiday Home Tour Promises a Nostalgic Glimpse of Fort Wayne's Past
It's All Politics
Wed August 29, 2012
Love On Stage At The GOP Convention: Staffer Pops Question; She Says Yes
Bradley Thompson, a production manager at the Republican National Convention here in Tampa, took the opportunity this morning to propose to his girlfriend, Laura Bowman. He popped the question right in front of the big on-stage screen — on which were the words "Laura Bowman, will you marry me" and some lovely photos.
From the kiss he got in return, it appears she said yes.
"Some dude just proposed on the convention stage. Jack Johnson on the PA." (@Timodc).
The stage was available because the program doesn't get going to day until 7 p.m. ET.