Most Active Stories
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Farmland Jazz Band Celebrates the Holidays with "The Dude"
- Holiday Music on 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI!
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
Fri October 4, 2013
Make Like A Tree And Leaf! Fort Wayne Schedules Neighborhood Leaf Pick-Ups
From the City of Fort Wayne –
Leaf pick-up in the City’s 355 neighborhoods begins Monday, October 21, 2013. The Street Department will collect leaves in two separate sweeps through each neighborhood. Crews will roll into the neighborhoods between October 21 and December 6, 2013.
The 2013 Fort Wayne Leaf Pick-up schedule will be:
Oct. 21-25 South
Oct. 28-Nov. 1 North
Nov. 4-8 Central
Nov. 12-15 South
Nov. 18-22 North
Dec. 2-6 Central
The week of November 25-29 will be used as a catch-up week. There will be no leaf collection on Monday, November 11, due to the Veterans Day holiday.
Leaf collection can occur on any day of the designated collection week. It is important for residents to have leaves ready for pick-up by 7 a.m. on Mondayof their designated week. Crews cannot backtrack through neighborhoods.
To schedule a pick-up of leaves placed in biodegradable bags, residents can call 3-1-1. The bags will be picked-up within two business days.