Most Active Stories
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Farmland Jazz Band Celebrates the Holidays with "The Dude"
- Holiday Music on 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI!
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
Thu August 28, 2014
Mayor Henry Names Appointees to Legacy Review Committee
Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry named his appointees to the Legacy review committee Thursday.
The Legacy review committee is the result of some disagreement between City Council and Henry about what projects Legacy funds should be used for.
The committee to evaluate requests for Legacy funds was approved at Tuesday’s council.
From his administration, Henry named Al Moll of the Department of Parks and Recreation, Heather Presley-Cowen of the Community Development Division, and Stephanie Crandall, Legislative and Business Liasion for the City. His choice for citizen representative is Ron Turpin of the Lincoln Financial Group. Two more citizen members and three City Council members will also join the committee.
Henry says the committee may speed up the review process, as well as allow more projects to be reviewed. It also enables private and non-profit organizations to apply for funds.
All projects would still have to be approved by six councilmen and the Mayor.
Of the funds that come from the City Light Lease Settlement, about $50 million is still available.