Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
- Fort Wayne Group Targets Global Poverty Through Handmade Art
Thu July 3, 2014
NPR's Kelly McEvers Coming to Fort Wayne August 25
This event, the first of what we hope will become an annual series, will offer Northeast Indiana’s public radio audience a unique opportunity to interact with award-winning NPR Correspondent Kelly McEvers and learn about her experiences covering events that have shaped our nation and the world.
After many years in the Middle East covering Saudi Arabia, the Iraq War, and the Arab Spring, Kelly McEvers is back home and working as a national correspondent based at NPR West. She previously ran NPR's Beirut bureau, where she earned a George Foster Peabody award, an Alfred I. DuPont-Columbia award, a Gracie award, and an Overseas Press Club mention for her 2012 coverage of the Syrian conflict. She recently made a radio documentary about being a war correspondent with renowned radio producer Jay Allison of Transom.org.