Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Musical Variety is the Spice of Life this Month for Fernando Tarango
- What to Expect from the Indiana General Assembly in 2015
- Holiday Home Tour Promises a Nostalgic Glimpse of Fort Wayne's Past
Mon November 25, 2013
Pacquiao Dedicates Boxing Win To Typhoon Survivors
Originally published on Mon November 25, 2013 1:11 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. In Tacloban, a city in the Philippines nearly wiped away by the typhoon this month, survivors gathered yesterday to cheer on a hero. A TV screen was set up in a plaza showing Filipino boxing star Manny Pacquiao defeat American Brandon Rios. Pacquiao dedicated his win to those recovering from the storm.
One person in the square said I was so happy I wanted to cry. Another held a cardboard said that said: We're for Pacquiao. God bless, Tacloban will rise again. It's MORNING EDITION from NPR News. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.