Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Musical Variety is the Spice of Life this Month for Fernando Tarango
- What to Expect from the Indiana General Assembly in 2015
- Holiday Home Tour Promises a Nostalgic Glimpse of Fort Wayne's Past
Around the Nation
Fri September 20, 2013
Part-Time Judge Picks Laughs Over The Law
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne with an update on a joking judge. Vince Sicari presided as a part-time judge in South Hackensack, until his moonlighting as standup comic and TV actor took center stage. Because some of his characters were racist and homophobic, the state ethics committee ruled that he had to choose between laughs and the law.
He appealed but yesterday, New Jersey's Supreme Court also said: Choose. And Sicari resigned from the bench.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.