Most Active Stories
- For Zookeepers, Orangutan Birth is About Awareness, Conservation
- It's a Girl! Rare Sumatran Orangutan Born at Fort Wayne Kid's Zoo
- With "Street Reach," Fort Wayne Residents Lend a Hand to Those In Need
- In a New Exhibition, Creative Couple Combine Artistic Passions
- Soda-Makers Try To Take Fizz Out Of Bay Area Tax Campaigns
Around the Nation
Thu September 5, 2013
Patient Not Amused At Drawings On Her Face
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Maybe you did something like this at summer camp - drawing a mustache on somebody sleeping. But it was different for a patient at California's Torrance Memorial Medical Center. She was a hospital employee and when she checked in for treatment, an anesthesiologist allegedly drew a mustache and teardrops on her face.
That may have seemed fun until she woke up. The LA Times says the doctor now faces an investigation, and a lawsuit.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.