Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Musical Variety is the Spice of Life this Month for Fernando Tarango
- What to Expect from the Indiana General Assembly in 2015
- Holiday Home Tour Promises a Nostalgic Glimpse of Fort Wayne's Past
Wed March 19, 2014
Racetrack Soundtrack Goes From A Roar To A Purr
Originally published on Wed March 19, 2014 10:28 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Fans of Formula One racing love the roar of the engines.
(SOUNDBITE OF ENGINES)
MONTAGNE: But this year's F1 cars are hybrids and that familiar roar has been reduced to a purr.
(SOUNDBITE OF CARS)
MONTAGNE: Australia's Grand Prix organizers are not loving the quiet. They say fans aren't getting what they paid for. One official described the new engines - hmmph, like harpsichords in a chamber orchestra.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.