Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Musical Variety is the Spice of Life this Month for Fernando Tarango
- What to Expect from the Indiana General Assembly in 2015
- Holiday Home Tour Promises a Nostalgic Glimpse of Fort Wayne's Past
Around the Nation
Tue May 7, 2013
Syrian Electronic Army Claims It Hacked 'The Onion'
Originally published on Tue May 7, 2013 11:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Twitter came alive with shocking news. The Syrian Electronic Army apparently hacked the feed of the satirical site The Onion. Syrians topped their attacks on AP, "60 Minutes" and NPR. After being victimized, The Onion published tips to avoid being hacked. Move site to a new web address every few minutes.
Reduce interest in your website by avoiding popular subjects like Syria. And if you receive an email asking for your password, dig deeper by entering information. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.