Reporter/All Things Considered Host – 89.1 WBOI-FM
89.1 WBOI seeks Reporter/All Things Considered Host for our award-winning newsroom.
Prepare spot news, in-depth reports, write and deliver newscasts and host local breaks. Participate in on-air fund drives and station events.
· Excellent writing skills; strong sense of NPR-style story construction
· Experience with Audacity, Audition, or Pro Tools
· Ability to generate story ideas and adapt for multiple platforms
· Knowledge of board operation and announcing - NPR station hosting experience preferred
· Bachelor’s in journalism, broadcasting or related field required. Two years journalism experience preferred
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second-largest city, with high quality of life and low cost of living; nearly equidistant from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit.
Send resume, cover letter, audio of reporting/hosting, and references to: Peter Dominowski, General Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
89.1 WBOI is an equal opportunity employer, actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants.
89.1 WBOI Fort Wayne, Indiana
This is an opportunity to join a public media organization where news is a high priority. The News Director will report, edit, and lead a staff of two journalists and a part-time arts and cultural reporter. The News Director also acts as a substitute host for network programs, participates in on-air fundraising, and plays an integral role in special events like our successful “Issues and Ales” community conversations.
In the past year, our reporters have been recognized with awards from the AP and SPJ, and we expect this excellence to grow and continue.
This is a management-level position, working closely with our Program Director and reporting directly to the General Manager.
· Craft a vision and priorities for news coverage
· Organizational skills to plan, organize and manage day-to-day news operations.
· Provide editorial, content and production feedback to reporters.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a small news/production team.
· Ability to write and edit accurate news copy on daily deadline.
· Ability to collaborate with a station staff and community partners.
· Demonstrated initiative in generating daily story ideas and long-form features and interviews.
· Ability to adapt stories quickly for multiple platforms. Knowledge of web content management systems and social media engagement a plus.
· Provide leadership for staff and act as department head for news.
· Bachelor’s in journalism, broadcasting or related field required. A minimum of three years journalism experience preferred.
· Experience with hosting (preferably at an NPR station), newscasting, equipment operation, and digital editing; experience with platforms like Audacity, Audition, Pro Tools or similar programs is essential.
· Excellent writing skills and a strong sense of NPR-style story construction.
· Strong editorial and ethical judgment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work with colleagues, contacts and listeners.
· Ability to supervise employees in professional journalism practices.
· Ability to remain productive during periods of intense activity.
· Familiarity with public radio news reporting standards and style.
· Licensed driver with reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following materials to Peter Dominowski, 89.1 WBOI President and General Manager, at: email@example.com:
· A detailed resume.
· A narrative (up to two pages) discussing the opportunities for 89.1 WBOI’s news department and how your experience qualifies you for this position.
· Samples of your work, which could include:
· Audio samples that showcase your production and hosting experience.
· Writing samples – scripts, web stories
· Names and contact information, including email addresses, for three to five work references, including at least one supervisory reference.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; for best consideration, please submit by August 31.
89.1 WBOI is an award-winning, community-licensed station focused on delivering news, information, arts and local music programming to more than 37,000 listeners each week, on-air, online, and through our mobile app.
Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second-largest city – located in Allen County, Indiana’s largest county by size, with a population of 355,000. A three-time “All-America City” consistently cited for high quality of life and low cost of living, Fort Wayne is nearly equidistant from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit.
89.1 WBOI is an equal opportunity employer, actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants for this position.
Northeast Indiana Public Radio, 89.1 WBOI / Classical 94.1 WBNI
Fort Wayne, Indiana
89.1 WBOI–NPR News and Diverse Music, and Classical 94.1 WBNI seek a Chief Engineer for the two public radio stations serving Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana. We are a growing organization in the process of relocating to a new facility in two-to-three years, which will include substantial investments in new equipment, new studios and production facilities.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all technical operations and maintenance. Position reports directly to General Manager. Occasional night and weekend work is necessary and must be available to respond 24/7. You have the technical knowledge to operate and maintain two radio stations and all associated operations, be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- AASEET Degree or similar
- 5 or more years of radio broadcast engineering experience
- Knowledge of FM broadcast and STL transmission systems including combiners
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair FM and HD transmitters and associated equipment
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Broadcast Electronics AudioVault Delivery Systems for both time-based and control-based satellite automation
- New construction involving studio and transmitter sites
- Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations
- Network administration and IT support for Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 7 & 8 operating systems
- PBX management
- Drafting budgets for expenses, capital expenditures, and projects
- Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
The following experience will be particularly beneficial:
- Work with AudioVault FLeX
- Experience with Axia Livewire or Wheatstone Wheat-Net audio over IP solutions
- Knowledge of IP based phone systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange
- Traffic and music software automation integration
Please include resume and narrative/cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the job duties and qualifications of this position.
Position is open until filled.
Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate with regard to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you're interested in volunteering with WBOI, please click here.