Most Active Stories
Northeast Indiana Public Radio, 89.1 WBOI / Classical 94.1 WBNI
Fort Wayne, Indiana
89.1 WBOI–NPR News and Diverse Music, and Classical 94.1 WBNI seek a Chief Engineer for the two public radio stations serving Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana. We are a growing organization in the process of relocating to a new facility in two-to-three years, which will include substantial investments in new equipment, new studios and production facilities.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all technical operations and maintenance. Position reports directly to General Manager. Occasional night and weekend work is necessary and must be available to respond 24/7. You have the technical knowledge to operate and maintain two radio stations and all associated operations, be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- AASEET Degree or similar
- 5 or more years of radio broadcast engineering experience
- Knowledge of FM broadcast and STL transmission systems including combiners
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair FM and HD transmitters and associated equipment
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Broadcast Electronics AudioVault Delivery Systems for both time-based and control-based satellite automation
- New construction involving studio and transmitter sites
- Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations
- Network administration and IT support for Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 7 & 8 operating systems
- PBX management
- Drafting budgets for expenses, capital expenditures, and projects
- Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
The following experience will be particularly beneficial:
- Work with AudioVault FLeX
- Experience with Axia Livewire or Wheatstone Wheat-Net audio over IP solutions
- Knowledge of IP based phone systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange
- Traffic and music software automation integration
Please include resume and narrative/cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the job duties and qualifications of this position.
Position is open until filled.
Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate with regard to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.