89.1 WBOI (NPR News and Diverse Music), and Classical 94.1 WBNI seek a Chief Engineer for the two public radio stations serving Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana. We are a growing organization in the process of relocating to a new facility in two-to-three years, which will include substantial investments in new equipment, new studios and production facilities. You will be an important part of our team while enjoying considerable autonomy and responsibility as our Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all technical and building operations and maintenance. Position reports directly to General Manager, and works closely with the Program Director and other staff. Occasional night and weekend work is necessary, with availability to respond 24/7 as needed. You must have the technical knowledge to operate and maintain two radio stations and all associated operations, be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel are important. The ability to solve problems, think creatively, work independently, and troubleshoot is highly valued.
- AASEET Degree or similar
- 5 or more years of radio broadcast engineering experience
- Knowledge of FM broadcast and STL transmission systems including combiners
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair FM and HD transmitters and associated equipment
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Broadcast Electronics AudioVault Delivery Systems for both time-based and control-based satellite automation
- New construction involving studio and transmitter sites
- Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations
- Network administration and IT support for Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 7 & 8 operating systems
- PBX management
- Drafting budgets for expenses, capital expenditures, and projects
- Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
The following experience will be particularly beneficial:
- Work with AudioVault FLeX
- Experience with Axia Livewire or Wheatstone Wheat-Net audio over IP solutions
- Knowledge of IP based phone systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange
- Traffic and music software automation integration
- Engineering remote broadcasts and live performances
- Experience with FTP delivery systems
Please include resume and narrative/cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the job duties and qualifications of this position.
Position is open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate with regard to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
Please send materials to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
If you're interested in volunteering with WBOI, please click here.