Most Active Stories
- Wunderkammer Readies a "Pop-Up Shop with Purpose"
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Greenleaf Project Cultivates Horticultural Opportunities for Veterans
- Proposal Would Expand In-State Sales Limit for Craft Brewers
- The Alchemy of Allergies: What Blood Test Scores Mean. . .and What They Don’t
Reporter/Host – 89.1 WBOI-FM
89.1 WBOI is seeking an energetic Reporter/Host to join an award-winning newsroom to report and produce regular spot and feature stories and host local breaks during national news programs.
As a reporter, the successful candidate will pitch stories daily to the news director that engage listeners and keep them informed about the news of the region. He or she will also prepare regular long-form features and interviews that dive deeper into community issues and find imaginative angles for human interest stories that surprise and delight our audience. While this is an enterprise reporting position, the news director may assign stories when important news breaks.
As a host, he or she will write, edit and deliver newscasts during one of 89.1 WBOI’s key day parts and provide an engaging voice during local breaks as they deliver underwriting, program promotion, news and weather updates and more. Occasional live hosting during breaking news may also be required. The host will be the sole board operator, so knowledge of broadcast equipment is preferred. He or she will also be required to participate in on-air fund drives and station-branded public events.
- Excellent writing skills and a strong sense of NPR-style story construction.
- Demonstrated radio editing and production skills. Experience with platforms like Audacity, Audition, Pro Tools or similar programs a must.
- Demonstrated initiative in generating daily story ideas and long-form features and interviews. Working knowledge of Midwestern issues a plus.
- Ability to adapt stories quickly for multiple platforms. Knowledge of web content management systems and social media engagement a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of studio board operations and polished on-air presentation desired. Experience hosting at an NPR station a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a small news/production team.
- Bachelor’s in journalism, broadcasting or related field required. A minimum of two years journalism experience preferred.
89.1 WBOI is an award-winning, community-licensed station focused on delivering news, information, arts and local music programming to more than 37,000 listeners each week.
Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second-largest city – located in Allen County, Indiana’s largest county by size, with a population of 355,000. A three-time “All-America City” consistently cited for high quality of life and low cost of living, Fort Wayne is nearly equidistant from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit.
Please email a resume, cover letter and audition audio to Sean Bueter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
89.1 WBOI is an equal opportunity employer, actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants for this position.