Most Active Stories
- For Zookeepers, Orangutan Birth is About Awareness, Conservation
- It's a Girl! Rare Sumatran Orangutan Born at Fort Wayne Kid's Zoo
- With "Street Reach," Fort Wayne Residents Lend a Hand to Those In Need
- In a New Exhibition, Creative Couple Combine Artistic Passions
- Soda-Makers Try To Take Fizz Out Of Bay Area Tax Campaigns
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat August 25, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Mike Birbiglia, Bill Hader
Originally published on Fri August 31, 2012 6:10 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Mike Birbiglia, Ira Glass, 'Sleepwalk'-ing On The Big Screen: The comedian co-wrote a film with Ira Glass, of public radio's This American Life, about his life and sleepwalking disorder. But making Sleepwalk With Me, based on Birbiglia's one-man show and comedic memoir, caused Birbiglia anxiety — which exacerbated his disorder. Glass and Birbiglia chat with Fresh Air about making the film together.
Bill Hader On Sketch Comedy, His Love Of Old Films: Saturday Night Live's Bill Hader, nominated for an Emmy for his character Stefon, an obsessive clubgoer, says he needs a character to be funny. Hader tells Fresh Air that he doesn't know how people do standup — and that watching old films as a child sparked his interest in Hollywood.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- Mike Birbiglia, 'Sleepwalk'-ing On The Big Screen
- Bill Hader On Sketch Comedy, His Love Of Old Films