Most Active Stories
- New Fort Wayne Arts & Culture Magazine: A "Sneak Pique"
- Pledge during WBOI's Spring Fund Drive and You Could Win an Apple Watch™
- Hundreds of Performers to Deliver "Carmina Burana" at IPFW
- Reading Into the Future: An Interview with ACPL's Greta Southard
- "Empower Her World" Event Making Global Fashion Statement
Tue July 22, 2014
Mile by Mile, Fort Wayne Trails Continue Expanding
Last week, the City of Fort Wayne cut the ribbon on construction of a new segment of the Pufferbelly Trail on the city’s north side.
The expansion is the latest in what’s becoming an increasingly connected trail system across four counties in Northeast Indiana.
Fort Wayne has a long history of organizations advocating for a trail network, and along with city, county and state governments, one of the key groups leading the charge today is Fort Wayne Trails.
WBOI’s Sean Bueter recently spoke to Fort Wayne Trails Executive Director, Lori Rose, to find out more about what it takes to get such a project off the ground and what's next for the city's trail network.