Most Active Stories
- Wunderkammer Readies a "Pop-Up Shop with Purpose"
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Greenleaf Project Cultivates Horticultural Opportunities for Veterans
- The Alchemy of Allergies: What Blood Test Scores Mean. . .and What They Don’t
- Proposal Would Expand In-State Sales Limit for Craft Brewers
Tue July 22, 2014
Mile by Mile, Fort Wayne Trails Continue Expanding
Last week, the City of Fort Wayne cut the ribbon on construction of a new segment of the Pufferbelly Trail on the city’s north side.
The expansion is the latest in what’s becoming an increasingly connected trail system across four counties in Northeast Indiana.
Fort Wayne has a long history of organizations advocating for a trail network, and along with city, county and state governments, one of the key groups leading the charge today is Fort Wayne Trails.
WBOI’s Sean Bueter recently spoke to Fort Wayne Trails Executive Director, Lori Rose, to find out more about what it takes to get such a project off the ground and what's next for the city's trail network.