Most Active Stories
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Farmland Jazz Band Celebrates the Holidays with "The Dude"
- Holiday Music on 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI!
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
Thu June 5, 2014
Study: Guidance Counselors Spending Less Time with Students
Guidance counselors are supposed to spend a lot of time with students. They help kids decide which classes to take, fill out college scholarship applications and advise them on the path they should choose after they graduate high school.
But a recent survey from the Indiana Chamber of Commerce shows school guidance counselors aren’t spending most of their time doing those things at all. Instead, they’re pulled away from students to do administrative tasks.
StateImpact Indiana’s Claire McInerny has more on how that affects students and schools.