Since 1904, the 1000 block of Rudisill Boulevard, on the city's south side, has been home to a variety of colleges and universities, and thousands of local graduates.
In 2011, Ambassador Enterprises purchased the campus and created The Summit, with the purpose of creating a space for like-minded partner organizations to honor that past, while embracing the whole community, and its future.
Situated east of Foster Park, three buildings remain on the "old north campus," a 3.5 acre site in the 46807 neighborhood. The building pictured below is Schultz Hall, built in 1904 as the Fort Wayne Bible College administration building.
It remains a familiar landmark on the boulevard, despite an arson fire there in 2005, and has been found to still be structurally sound. As The Summit's partnerships continue to develop and expand, it is hoped that a new use will be found for the hall.
You can find a detailed timeline of the campus history here.
In its present day incarnation, campus activity has grown to include 19 "intentional partnerships" with a combined passion for helping individuals, families and organizations to reach their full potential.
WBOI's Julia Meek met with executive director, Melissa Dessaigne, and Anna Ross, executive director of Audiences Unlimited, one of The Summit's 19 members, to discuss what impact such a creative collaboration can make.
Find more information on the campus, and a full listing of its 19 partner members at The Summit website.