Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Musical Variety is the Spice of Life this Month for Fernando Tarango
- What to Expect from the Indiana General Assembly in 2015
- Holiday Home Tour Promises a Nostalgic Glimpse of Fort Wayne's Past
Thu March 14, 2013
University of Saint Francis president reacts to Wednesday's papal election
The man now known as Pope Francis is the first Jesuit elected to head the Roman Catholic Church.
But the name he chose as pope comes from another holy order: the Franciscans.
Sister Elise Kriss is president of the University of Saint Francis here in Fort Wayne. As you might expect, she's also Franciscan.
WBOI's Sean Bueter talked to Kriss about her reaction to Wednesday’s papal election, and the story behind the new pope’s namesake.