Most Active Stories
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Farmland Jazz Band Celebrates the Holidays with "The Dude"
- Holiday Music on 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI!
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
Tue March 25, 2014
Update On 89.1 WBOI's Signal Strength
As many listeners know, on March 19th, a power surge caused significant damage to 89.1 WBOI's transmitter. Our chief engineer began working on the problem immediately to prevent further damage, but the incident forced us to utilize a back-up transmitter with reduced signal strength. This means fewer listeners outside the Fort Wayne metro area can hear us clearly as of now.
The problem has been isolated, and the replacement parts have been ordered. However, one replacement part required to complete repairs will not be available to be shipped until Friday. Once that part arrives, we hope to have WBOI back to full strength sometime over the weekend.
We sincerely appreciate how many of you have let us know that you miss 89.1 WBOI's programming, and we're committed to returning our signal to full strength as soon as we possibly can.
Until then, you can listen online at WBOI.org, and through the NIPR app for your smartphone or tablet.
We appreciate your continued understanding and patience as we work to solve this issue.
As always, thank you for listening and supporting 89.1 WBOI.