Most Active Stories
- For Zookeepers, Orangutan Birth is About Awareness, Conservation
- WBOI Presents "Issues & Ales: Impact of the Arts"
- With "Street Reach," Fort Wayne Residents Lend a Hand to Those In Need
- USF's School of Creative Arts Readies for Musical Battle
- Soda-Makers Try To Take Fizz Out Of Bay Area Tax Campaigns
Thu February 6, 2014
Violin Worth $5 Million Makes A Safe Return Home
Originally published on Thu February 6, 2014 7:55 pm
Police in Milwaukee have recovered a Stradivarius violin and arrested three suspects in its theft. The instrument, said to be worth approximately $5 million, was stolen in a brazen armed robbery from the concertmaster of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra late last month. Mitch Teich of WUWM in Milwaukee reports on the violin's recovery.