Most Active Stories
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Farmland Jazz Band Celebrates the Holidays with "The Dude"
- Holiday Music on 89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI!
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
Arts & Culture
Fri February 14, 2014
When You Say It With Flowers, What Are You Saying?
This Valentine's Day, there's a good chance you (or your special someone) will express your feelings through flowers. They've become so important to the holiday--for retailers and lovers alike--that a mild media panic ensued after some florists reported they might not get their Valentine bouquets out in time.
But when you express yourself with flowers, do you know what you're actually saying?
For those versed in florigraphy--the language of flowers--a few stems in an arrangement can tell a whole story.
Laura Stine from Laura Stine Gardens in Fort Wayne recently talked with WBOI's Julia Meek about the meaning imbued a simple bouquet.