Most Active Stories
- Historic Hoosier Toboggan Run Opens for the Season
- New Bravas Restaurant Offers Unique, Gourmet Burgers to Fort Wayne
- Gallery Gives Fort Wayne Artist New Chances to Connect
- Business Booming for Christmas Tree Farms Still Recovering From Drought
- Fort Wayne Group Targets Global Poverty Through Handmade Art
Arts & Culture
Fri February 14, 2014
When You Say It With Flowers, What Are You Saying?
This Valentine's Day, there's a good chance you (or your special someone) will express your feelings through flowers. They've become so important to the holiday--for retailers and lovers alike--that a mild media panic ensued after some florists reported they might not get their Valentine bouquets out in time.
But when you express yourself with flowers, do you know what you're actually saying?
For those versed in florigraphy--the language of flowers--a few stems in an arrangement can tell a whole story.
Laura Stine from Laura Stine Gardens in Fort Wayne recently talked with WBOI's Julia Meek about the meaning imbued a simple bouquet.